Assignment 1: LASA 2: Cloud Computing Virtual Overview
Description of LASA:
For this assignment, you will use Microsoft PowerPoint and Jing to create a professional, cloud-based presentation of approximately 10â€“15 slides. Your presentation will provide a summative overview that reflects on the material that was covered in Modules 1â€“5 on cloud computing. Review the scenario and follow the directions below to develop and upload your presentation.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You have recently accepted a position as the director of New Cloud Initiatives at CloudHR, a company that provides various cloud-based solutions for human resource applications. During your first week, the CloudHR’s director of sales and marketing informed you that his or her sales team is spending considerable time explaining the basics of cloud computing to prospective customers. He or she asks you to prepare a high-level overview presentation on cloud computing as well as provide a link to the uploaded presentation. This way, his or her team can forward the link to prospective customers.
In your 10- to 15-slide presentation, include the following along with detailed speaker’s notes:
- Define and describe cloud computing as it relates to one’s business and personal needs.
- Using real-world examples from current providers, explain what an organization should consider when reviewing each one of the following services:
- Software as a service (SaaS)
- Platform as a service (PaaS)
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Discuss and justify the benefits of cloud computing for both providers and consumers of cloud services. Make sure you include:
- The benefits associated with the pay-on-demand nature of cloud computing.
- The ways with which cloud computing assists with business risks, such as mitigation of security risks and disaster recovery.
- A comparison of horizontal and vertical scalability with respect to the cloud’s ability to scale on demand.
- Explain the accessibility advantages offered by cloud computing as opposed to traditional network-based access.
- Analyze virtualization and explain how it differs from cloud computing.
- Identify cloud computing security risks and recommend ways to mitigate those risks.
- Hypothesize about the future of the cloud as it relates to meeting business needs.
- Download Jing (a cloud-based presentation provider) and use it to capture your Microsoft PowerPoint presentation.
- Access the Screencast website to upload your Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. Ensure that it can be properly streamed.
Note: If you have any trouble utilizing any of the websites, please refer to the respective website’s available support features or contact your instructor.
Your final deliverable will be a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation (captured in Jing and uploaded on www.screencast.com), which will be approximately 10â€“15 slides in length (including detailed speaker’s notes). Utilize at least three scholarly or professional sources (beyond your textbook) in your research. Your presentation should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.