Due process is a term used to describe how matters move through the court system. The movement of a matter through the court system can be lengthy process, and probate is no exception. One way to speed up the process of asset transfer after death is to have a valid will that describes how assets are to be distributed.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
This Assignment has three parts:
- Locate and provide a citation(s) to your state statute(s) regarding a last will and testament. You do not need to include the text of the statute in your Assignment.
- Locate a form that can help guide you to create a will that is valid in your state. Be sure that it contains all of the requirements for your state. Be sure to cite the source you used for your form on your reference page.
- Draft a simple will using the form you found in the first part of this Assignment based on the following hypothetical situation:
You have a spouse named Casey [your last name], a 28-year-old son named Taylor [your last name], a 26-year-old daughter named Madison [your last name], and a 24-year-old daughter named Allison [your last name]. You would like all of your assets to pass to your spouse first. If your spouse predeceases you, then you would like your assets to be divided equally among your children, per stirpes. You own the following assets:
- A furnished house
- Two vehicles [you choose which make and model]
- Approximately $1,000 in a checking account
- Approximately $10,000 in a savings account
- A wedding ring worth approximately $3,000
- A collection of baseball cards worth approximately $1,000
You may be creative with any other information not listed above that may be necessary to draft a valid will in your jurisdiction.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the Assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
- Length should be 4â€“8 pages excluding cover page and references page.
- Double spaced and 12-point font.
- Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- Appropriate citation style should be followed.