- WHAT BOOK did you read (give a full bibliographic citation)? (attach after report as an appendix)
- What HAPPENED in this book? You should be able to describe some particulars such as when did the fire occur, what type of structure was it, how severe was it â€“ basically telling the story of the fire. Also, think about the kinds of destruction that are described – where was there significant damage, and why? (1.5 pages max)
- Can you CONFIRM that the author is accurate? You will want at least two other sources (only one of which is internet based) that will allow you to opine on whether the author(s) of your book got the big picture, and some specific details, correct. (mixed into the text, not a separate section)
- How did the built environment influence survival in positive AND NEGATIVE ways?
Were there people who owed their survival to elements of the built environment? How so (specific examples)? Were there people who put their faith in elements of the built environment to tragic effect (specific examples)? How did the cultural systems of the day, perhaps as reflected by government agencies or institutions, influence the outcome? Be sure to describe any specific, physical features of the built environment that were directly related to the ability of people to survive the fire, and any specific cultural features that had similar impact.
- Would a similar structure built today potentially suffer the same fate? Did the fire lead to any changes in either physical or cultural features in buildings built afterwards? Are you safer in buildings now (give specific reasons).
- Did YOU like this book? Would you recommend it to others? Produce a review of it as an object of entertainment, perhaps using a review of a book in a magazine or newspaper as an example. (0.5 page max)
The overall report will be 5-6 pages in length, not counting any cover, table of contents, or appendices. You should use space-and-a half, 12 point font, 1 inch margins all around. Number your pages. Spelling, grammar, presentation will be graded.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
CON E 101 Construction and Culture
Front Matter (cover page, table of contents)
Introduction, to include a brief summary and a hint as to your key observations Description of the Fire, to include item 2 above
Influence of the Built Environment, to include item 4 above
Influence on the Built Environment, to include item 5 above
Conclusions, to include your thoughts on, for example, any particularly interesting thoughts or observations you have on the fire and its relationship to cultural or functional design decisions or systems.
Back matter (a reference list with complete bibliographic records for any sources including the book you read and auxiliary sources (items 1 and 3), your review (item 6), and other relevant information you wish to include).