Economic -Discussion 1
“Aggregate Demand and Supply”
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In 1973, there was an oil supply shock created by OPEC (the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries). Your textbook describes the supply shock as a source of the recession which lasted from 1973-1975.
Now the price of oil is dropping. Let’s look at what happens when the supply shock is favorable.
Use aggregate demand and aggregate supply to explain why current oil prices are so low. It is certainly good for consumers, but is there a downside as well?
When oil prices drop, who benefits and who loses? Why? How?
Economic â€“ Discussion 2
- Who is in charge of making fiscal policy?
- What fiscal policy measure has a direct impact to the economy?
- If consumer confidence is low, which of the following will be the most effective fiscal policy?
- An increase in government spending, or
- An equal decrease in taxes?
- Your introduction, summary, and understanding of the initial article/video.
- A short discussion of your research and conclusions you were able to draw from it.
- An explanation of what you learned and how you will use this new understanding.
Explain your reasoning.
Economic â€“ Discussion 3
“The Federal Reserve and Monetary Policy”
Visit the Federal Reserve website: https://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about-the-fed…. and answer the following questions in your own words.
â€¢ What is the mission and legal mandate of the Federal Reserve System?
â€¢ What policy tools are available to the Fed to achieve its mission?
â€¢ What is the difference between an insolvent bank and an illiquid bank?
o Why/how does the Fed treat banks that are insolvent differently from illiquid banks?
The Fed has only increased the interest or discount rate twice since the 2007/08 recession. Will it push the rates up a bit more? We don’t know! We can find out what those at the Fed are thinking by checking out posted information each month by the FOMC (Federal Open Market Committee).
â€¢ According to the Fed, what are its inflation and full-employment targets?
â€¢ Explain how changes in the money supply will raise interest rates and how the anticipated increase in interest rates will likely affect GDP and employment.
Economic â€“ Discussion 4
In the interview you watched in Week 1 with Bill Gates, he argues that economics is an agent of change that will impact every career. Based on your study of economics, do you agree that knowing more about economics will help in your career?
Economic Assignment 1
Week 9 Assignment: Using the Ten Principles to Analyze a Challenging Economic Issue
Due Week 9 worth 160 points
https://www.wsj.com/articles/american-retail-has-a-coffee-problem-1510056002 (here is the article, I picked)
Throughout the course, you have been provided with videos and articles in This Week in Business News. Pick one of these articles/videos which deals with an economic challenge that interests you. It should be an article/video from which you learned the most, from which you got an insight that changed your mind, or with which you disagree.
Prepare a paper on this article/video in which you explain why you chose it. What made this issue important to you?
Then identify which of the Ten Principles this article relies. Does this article/video reject any or all of the Ten Principles?
In your analysis of the article/video and the Ten Principles, be sure to rely on at least two high-quality professional or academic articles on the same issue.
This paper must include:
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Write an introduction for your paper explaining what the topic is, why the topic in the article/video is important to you, and why you think others should try to understand it.
- Write at least one paragraph summarizing the key points made in the article/video.
- Identify and explain how Mankiwâ€™s 10 Principles are foundational to the issues discussed in the article/video.
- Find two other high-quality professional or academic quality articles on the same topic. Identify what these articles contribute to understanding the topic or issue and whether they agree, do not agree, or somewhat agree/disagree with the initial article.
- Write a conclusion that explains what you learned about the topic and what conclusion you draw from your research on the topic.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA formatting. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
English â€“ Discussion 1
“Improving Punctuation and Other Writing Skills”
- identify one (1) Website for practicing punctuation. Identify the source of the site and describe three beneficial activities a student can access on the Website.