Follow my outline in order to succeed!
I need my paper to be 10 pages without the reference page
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
I need at least 5 sources in a work cited page in MLA formatIf you decide to share anything within the paper that is from a website I need there to be intent citations.
Gangs in Prison
Thesis statement: Gangs in prison tend to have both constructive and undesirable impacts on the society, victims, and offenders.
- Detailed history of gangs in prison
- The impact of prison gangs on the society
- The impact of prison gangs on offenders and victims
- The consequences or problems of gangs in prison
- The positive elements of gangs in prison
- The alternative approach for reducing gangs in prison
- Policy changes that would help reduce gangs in prison
- A discussion of the overview of gangs in prison
- Mentioning of what will be addressed in the essay of gangs in prison such as
- The impacts that gangs in prisons have on society, victims and offenders
- The consequences or problems that are associated with gangs in prisons
- The positive elements of gangs in prison
- Description and definition of what prison gangs are to get a picture of the issue that is being discussed (Brotherton, 2016).
- A brief history of how gangs in prison began through focusing on the year that it began and what facilitated them to emerge.
- The reasons that propagate prisoners to join gangs after being sent to prison by the courts.
- The structure and organization of prison gangs from how they are organized and also managed.
- To get more organized and structured protection because of the insecurity and harassment that exists in the prisons.
- To have the opportunity and space to sell illicit and illegal substances within the facility.
- Increases the consumption of harmful and illegal drugs in the community mainly among the young people.
- They also tend to influence violence in the society mostly because of influencing people who get out prison.
- Forming of gangs in the society by those prisoners and inmates that have been released after serving several years in prison.
- Creation of conflict between inmates and prisoners especially when there are disagreements and arguments.
- Offenders and victims sustain injuries because of conflicts that may emerge in the prisons especially between gangs (Mitchell, Fahmy, Pyrooz and Decker, 2017).
- It also leads to deaths of offenders and victims when there are immense conflicts between the gangs in prison.
- The increase of assaults and attacks in prisons especially on the inmates or prisoners that do not belong to any gangs.
- Increase of drug abuse and consumption in the prisons because the gangs tend to supply inmates with drugs
- They usually tend to dictate how every inmate in prison will behave mostly because of the influence and power they have in the prisons.
- They also, in general, make the lives of normal inmates to be very stressful and hard mostly because of harassment and torture.
- Promotion of racism and discrimination in the prisons because of the different opinions of gangs
- The prison gangs help in regulating things like alcohol and cell phones among other things.
- They also help in keeping order in the prison especially when there are no disagreements between the gangs
- They also help in resolving conflicts in prison mostly because they tend to control a lot of inmates and prisoners.
- Most gangs in prisons also help in creating respect as they help in ensuring the inmates engage in legitimate activities
- They also become a substitute family for inmates and prisoners who have no contact with their relatives or families (Tapia, Sparks and Miller, 2014).
- Ensuring that prisoners have more contact with their families and relatives which will help in refraining them from joining gangs.
- Suppressing and isolating the gang leaders with the other prisoners mainly through segregating them.
- Reducing the number of prisoners in a particular prison facility mainly through the government building more prison facilities.
- The government should also build more security housing units where the leaders of the prison gangs would be settled.
- Changing rules patriating to prisoners or inmates who will be found to have created their own gangs.
- Developing a policy that would encourage people to leave gangs such as reducing sentences for those prisoners that are not involved with gangs.
- Creating a policy where inmates are on a probation of approximately three to four years for their sentences to be taken into consideration.
- An overview of everything that has been presented about the issue of gangs in prison.
- A closing statement on the issue that has been discussed.
Brotherton, D. C. (2016). The Social Order of the Underworld: How Prison Gangs Govern the American Penal System.
Mitchell, M. M., Fahmy, C., Pyrooz, D. C., & Decker, S. H. (2017). Criminal Crews, Codes, and Contexts: Differences and Similarities across the Code of the Street, Convict Code, Street Gangs, and Prison Gangs. Deviant Behavior, 38(10), 1197-1222.
Tapia, M., Sparks, C. S., & Miller, J. M. (2014). Texas Latino prison gangs: an exploration of generational shift and rebellion. The Prison Journal, 94(2), 159-179.