OVERVIEW: Write a 3â€“4 page memo outlining O*Net findings used to prepare a CapraTek regional sales representative job description.
The hiring process starts with a job analysis. Individuals tasked with writing job descriptions must include qualifications and requirements that are specific and measurable. They must also identify the unique characteristics and relationships associated with a position.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Arthur, D. (2012). Recruiting, interviewing, selecting, and orienting new employees (5th ed.). New York, NY: AMACOM. Chapters 5â€“7.
Heneman, H. G., III, Judge, T. A., & Kammeyer-Mueller, J. (2015). Staffing organizations (8th ed.). Boston, MA: McGraw-Hill Education. Chapter 4.
- Sady, K., Dunleavy, E., & Aamodt, M. (2013, November 12). UGESP series #6â€“The purpose and importance of job analysis research [Blog post]. Retrieved from http://www.dciconsult.com/ugesp-series-6-the-purpose-and-importance-of-job-analysis-research/
- Society of Human Resource Management. (2012). Job analysis: How do I conduct a job analysis to ensure the job description actually matches the duties performed by the employee in the job? Retrieved from http://www.shrm.org/templatestools/hrqa/pages/conductjobanalysis.aspx
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management. (n.d.). Job analysis. Retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/assessment-and-selection/job-analysis/job_analysis_presentation.pdf
Alfred! will be produced in a new manufacturing facility. Groundbreaking on the new facility will begin this summer with full operations to be accomplished in three phases over the next two years. Distribution of the Alfred! device and components will be through existing distributors and retail outlets. While most of the new hires associated with this product line will be at the new manufacturing facility, four regional sales representatives will be hired to support the new product line.
You have been asked to develop a job analysis, job specifications, and a job description for the four regional sales representative positions. To develop the initial information for this assessment, use O*Net OnLine, a U.S. Department of Labor-sponsored Web site of occupational information containing a database of both standardized and occupation-specific descriptors, linked in the Resources.
Hint: Begin your search by clicking Find Occupations. Then, under the Career Cluster heading, go to Marketing, Sales, and Service. From there, you can search for a sales representative in any of the technical fields.
- Write a memo to your supervisor outlining your findings, and explain why a job analysis is required for any recruiting and selection process. In addition, address the following:
- A tentative wage plan and the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for this job.
- The job duties, qualifications, education, work experience, and job competencies required.
- Wage information and employment trends for this position in your chosen state.
- Required length is 3â€“4 pages.
- Use Times New Roman font, 12 point.
- Double space your memo.